My kiddos always seem to be snacking! Snacks for me depend on if it is a school snack or at home snack. As those will change since I don’t send nuts into school with my kiddos, but they will have them at home. If you have a hard time coming up with healthy snacks, I suggest you make a list to keep on hand. I keep an excel sheet with a list of snacks that I like to do. I continue to add to the list from time to time. It is something for me to reference to when I want to change things up. I have shared a small list below with you. Certainly there is more then what is listed here, the list truly could go on and on! Remember you are in charge of your own health and the food you put into your body. Change starts with YOU. You need to be willing to do it for you and/or your kiddos.
HEALTHY SNACK IDEAS
- Grass-fed Beef Nick Sticks or Turkey Sticks from Wallace Farms– You can find where to buy them here
- Any raw veggies
- Fresh fruit with our without nut butter/sunbutter
- Dried fruit without added sugar
- Wholly Guacamole cups with plantain chips
- Plantain chips and salsa
- Enjoy Life Bars
- Organic Fruit Strips
- Homemade jello- Can find the recipe here.
- Organic Cheese Sticks
- Organic Fruit Snacks
- Fresh fruit cups
- Sunbutter Balls – My recipe here.
- Raw Pepitas
- Crunchy Rice Rolls with or without nut butter/sunbutter
- Organic or Greek Yogurt (plain greek yogurt with nut butter and mini enjoy life chocolate chips)
- Trail mix (mixture of nuts with or without dried fruit)
- Paleo pumpkin muffins – find recipe here.
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding- find the recipe here.
- Organic Popcorn- I pop it myself in a cast iron pan
- Dates or Dates stuffed with goat cheese
- Paleo granola – My recipe coming soon to this blog!
- Deviled eggs or hardboiled eggs
- Almond Date Truffles- find the recipe here.
- Paleo pancake sandwiches – find pancake recipe here.
- Paleo banana bread
- Paleo zucchini muffins- find the recipe here.
I have put together a sample slide show of 39 snack variations I have done for the kiddos. Some of these are school snacks and some are at home snacks. I use a BPA free tupperware for their snack bucket at school. I can also attach an ice pack to the lid for when I send a snack that needs to be cold. I hope this list will provide you with some snack ideas you can enjoy.