I love adding bath salts in my bath. Depending on how I make it, I use it for relaxation or as a detox bath. When my kiddos are not feeling well they always ask for a detox bath. Detox bath is a great way to eliminate toxins from the body. I personally enjoy winding down in a bath after a long day with some Stress Away essential oils.
As teacher appreciate week approached I was pondering what to do this year. They put so much time and effort day in and day out for my kiddos. Some day when my budget allows, my goal is to provide each of their teachers with a spa day; a time away just for themselves. But until then, I decided with making DIY Bath Salts using Young Living Essential Oils.
I grabbed my glass bottles from hobby lobby( or you can get them here ) and my supplies.
1 80z glass jar or larger with cork top
1/2 cup of Baking Soda
1/2-3/4 cup of Epsom Salt
10-20 drops of Young Living Essential Oils
Grab a large glass bowl and wooden spoon ( I made mine one at a time).
- Add 1/2 cup baking soda to large glass bowl. (Baking soda helps with neutralizing the water and promotes elimination of toxins)
- Add 1/2 cup- 3/4 cup of Pure Epsom Salt. (Epsom salt may provide relief to aches and pains, and soothe sore muscles)
- Add 10-20 drops of Young Living Essential oils. Some options listed below.
- Mix together in bowl and then funnel into glass jars.
- Seal with cork top
To Use: Add 1/4 cup to warm bath water and Enjoy!
Some Options Are:
- 15 drops of Stress Away Essential Oil
- 10 drops of Joy Essential Oil and 10 drops of Lemon Essential Oil (or lesser quantity just not more than 20 drops total)
- 10 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil and 10 drops of Lavender Essential Oil (or lesser quantity just not more than 20 drops total)
Thanks to my amazing hubs for helping me tie on the note!
A great DIY gift to some amazing teachers my children had this year. I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did. Be on the look out for my DIY Detox Bath!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.