I decided to throw in a pasta meal this past weekend as my husband was running an international triathlon, and I wanted to add in some extra carbs. I typically get organic brown rice pasta from Trader Joe’s from time to time. This visit to the store I came across this new pasta they have. It is organic brown rice and quinoa pasta. Let me tell you, it was delicious. Such a hit that even all my kiddos ate it up. Which is huge as my youngest two are typically not pasta fans since they were not introduced to it until they were well past 3 years old. We are just starting to add in some different foods to our daily diets and see how we do with them; Gluten-Free pasta is one of them.
I made a really easy Mac and cheese, that I am sharing with you all today. We served it along with buffalo chicken. You can certainly make it into a cheesy tuna casserole too, or whatever else you come up with!
- Package of Organic Brown Rice and Quinoa Pasta
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk (or any other non-dairy milk or whole milk)
- 1/2 cup of Bulgarian Yogurt ( I used White Mountain)
- Approx. 2 cups of Raw Milk Cheese (or goat gouda)
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. I used himalayan salt in my water while it boiled. Added the pasta and stir continuously until was done. I cooked it for 7 minutes and drained.
- In same pan over med-med low heat add in 1/4 cup coconut milk and 1/2 cup of Bulgarian Yogurt and stir until combined. Slowly add a little bit of shredded cheese at at time until melted and combined. Continue until all the cheese is combined.
3. Remove from heat and add pasta back in to pan and stir to combine with sauce. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
4. Dish up and Enjoy!