I am a sucker for a great mug cake. Usually I make them with almond flour and/or coconut flour, but I wanted to try something different. My oldest child’s birthday is coming up in October so wanted to try a new version of a mug cake.
I have an awful sweet tooth so when it comes to making desserts in the house I try not to make a lot as I would go to town on it! So mug cakes are amazing for portion control. I spit them in half or even into thirds. Now I don’t have to worry about extra cake/dessert laying around the house.
This mug cake is a definite winner in my household. Plus I can make it nut-free by substituting in sunflower seed butter. Let me know what you think!
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp maple syrup ( I use grade B)
- 2tbsp Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter-Wild Friends (any other butter or sunflower seed butter)
- 3tbsp Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of himalayan salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of chocolate chips
- 1 mug
- Whisk egg, vanilla, melted coconut oil, and maple syrup together in mug.
- Whisk in chocolate coconut peanut butter
- Add in baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Add in Cassava Flour. Mixed until combined
- Mix in chocolate chips.
- Microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds (depending on your microwave)
Eat it plain…Top it with fruit…Enjoy with some vanilla ice cream!